I have several thousand dollars of credit card debt, which I wish to repay as soon as possible.
1. Can I borrow money from my friend and payback my loan? I can payback my friend when I have money in next few years.
2. Can I loan money from multiple friends?
3. What if I receive it as a gift from friend? Which I don’t have to pay back.
4. In any of the above cases, what is the limit (if any) for a friend giving the loan, as well as a limit for me to receive the loan from a friend and all together from friends?
5. Do any of us (me or friend) has to pay any tax?
Essentially, I have friend(s) willing to loan me money; to pay off my debt and save heavy interest charges on the credit card. I am not sure of any tax/other IRS implications with this scenario.
Any help/links will be appreciated.