Friday, April 21, 2006

Examination of conscience.

The following examination is taken from the
Sacred Scripture - Ephesians 4:1-3, 17-32 and
Colossians 3:1-10, 12-17. Each question is based
upon a passage from these two letters to the early
Christian communities.

1) Do I "live a life worthy of the calling I have received?"

2) Do I bear with my friends and family "with patience,
meekness and humility?"

3) Do I "make every effort to preserve unity" in my
family and in my church?

4) Do I "resist God" or do I pray to know His will?

5) Do I strive to "set aside my former way of life" and
to try to avoid sin?

6) Do I lie? Do I "speak the truth to my neighbor?"

7) Do I lose my temper? Do I "let the sun go down
on my anger?"

8) Do I steal? Am I honest in my business dealings?

9) Do I share my wealth with those in need?

10) Do I gossip or say evil things? Have I slendered
the reputation of another?

11) Do I hold on to bitterness, passion and anger?

12) Do I forgive as the Lord has forgiven me? Is there
someone I need to forgive?

13) Am I "intent on the things of earth," or "on things
of heaven?"

14) Am I too busy? Do I make time to pray?

15) Do I "harbor evil desires?" Am I faithful to my spouse?

16) Do I use foul languages?

17) Does peace "reign in my heart?" Do I actively work
for peace in my family and in my world?

18) Do I "dedicate myself to thankfulness?" Do I regularly
express my thanks to God and to those around me?"


EOF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home