Sunday, June 18, 2006

A/C...... no A/C. Hello!!

My sister and her family came by for the weekend. She, Oscar, Elise and Edrick.
They came at around 11pm on Fri. I helped them to unload all the 'equipments' to the
2nd floor. It was pretty warm and Oscar was asking if I could turn on the A/C. I said ok.
I went to the thermostat and I set the temperature to 60F. I waited for a couple of
minutes and there was no cool air coming out but instead, hot air was pumping out.
Something is really wrong and I told Oscar that I could not turn on the A/C. We went
around the house to search for the unit and we could not find anything. We went to the
garage and found the heating unit. OK, it looks like there is no A/C. Fine!! Thank goodness
that there is a fan in the bedroom for them.

The following morning we headed for Carlsbad. We left and moments later, we discovered
that the A/C is not working in the car. It's pretty warm. Yes, this weekend is pretty warm
in SoCA. We were on the freeway and the interior of the car is getting really really warm.
Oscar could not figure out what happened to the A/C since it was working fine last nite.
I looked around and saw the needle was at 5000 RPM. I could not really tell that the
engine is squeezed to the limits since the music is loud in the car for the kiddos. I looked
again and saw the gear is at 2. Hmm......Gear 2? On the freeway? 5000 RPM? 65MPH?
No A/C?

Oscar!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your gear is at 2 and you are at 65MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!

We arrived safely to Carlsbad with A/C. Later, we also discovered that Oscar's uncle hse
has no A/C. Huh???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home