Thursday, February 23, 2006

Trash and books.

Yup!! Counting down......to San Diego California.
Also, counting down to pack and to trash whatever
I do not need or recycle them.

1) Gave away a sofa(was given by someone) and
2 end tables + 1 coffee table(was given by someone
as well). Also, the slipcover for the sofa.

2) Sold my granite dining table to a buddy. Hope to
get the same one later when I have 'the chance'.
It's sad to sell this table but I guess I have no choice.
4 guys including myself brought the table to my
buddy who live not too far away, say 100m.
Man....that table is heavy, i think it is around 200kg.

Went for sushi-hama which is all u can eat with
many many cool people. A friend from Dallas visiting
and he had a good time. Good fellowship......

Earlier, I was in Barnes and Noble finished reading
my book, Breaking The Bamboo Ceiling. I need to
finish this book before reporting to Qualcomm, soon.
I hope I can apply the tips and tricks on how to be
"all right to the top". This book is a bridge between
the American corporate culture and the Asian
immigrants. I mean, as immigrants, I think I need to
learn how things work over here and get assimilated
to the corporate world. Let's see if the book really
helps. I need to change a little on how I handle things
the American/Western way. Huh....bless me Oh Lord.

I also bought a very good book, "Come and see" by
Linda Schaeffer. It is a photojournalist's journey into
the world of Mother Teresa. Full of nice photos and
loaded with stories and inspirations. She founded the
Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta India.

The author wrote this dedication;

"Come and see" is dedicated to my late husband,
Ron Campbell who helped me see what was most
important in life - our relationship to God. Our
marriage was brief, but our short life together was
a journey of dedication and love.

And on the last page of the jacket;

Let no one ever come to you without leaving
better and happier - Mother Teresa

Love one another as I have loved you - Quote
of Jesus carved into the gravemarker of
Mother Teresa.

Well, 90% of my trips to Barnes and Nobles cafe
made me buy some books. Good news bad news?

p/s: as Bill was saying, we should be
a better person after watching a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home