Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Italian Job.

1 down......2 to go. there are 3 half marathons for the
Triple Crown Half Marathon. anyway, i am still alive after the run.
i went to bed at around 9.45pm yesterday. i woke up around 11.45pm since the
heat woke me up. i set the heater a little too warm i guess. so...i am awake
and i can't get back to bed. i ended up watching a movie and finally
fell asleep at 1.30am.

i woke up at 5am.....yes....5am and quickly get all things done and headed
to peter's place. by the time i met him, it was around 6.45am. we quickly
headed to the starting place and when we got there, it was already 7.15am.
the half-marathon will start at 7.30am. at this time of the year, it's
cold, esp in the morning. i had to wear my track pants over my running shorts
to avoid leg cramps. also, i was wearing a long sleeve running t-shirt.
on top of that, my break-fast was only a cup of soymilk; no more, no less.
i had my fuel belt which can carry 4 small bottles of energy drinks btw.

i heard the bang moments later and off we go. there were like 8000 people.
i think 6000 is the half marathoners and the rest are marathoners. i was
freezing. some folks wear gloves and a jacket. well after a while, you
could see track pants & jackets lying along the path. people just left their
stuff on the road.

after some time, we were running by the coast and of course, it's cold....
come on.... it's 8am and in jan and next to the pacific ocean.
u can imagine that! i was so glad that i wore my track pants else like the last
time, i had a bad cramp on my right leg. i ran and ran and in no time, i was
at the mile 7 post. hmm...i was doing pretty good. things started to crawl
into my legs as i passed the 10mile post. i began to feel that my muscles
in my legs are yelling at me.

i was still wearing my track pants and the last 3 miles were like it never
ends. i drank all my energy drinks and i began to get some water from the
water station. i had 4 cups of water at the end. my body was dehydrated and
i was glad that i drank a lot of fluids.

my longest runs were 8 miles and when i looked back, i need to actually
ran at least the entire course of 13 miles once. i really felt the kick
after the 8 mile post.

my legs are hurting right now....we'll see what will happen tomorrow.
PTL......

length: 13miles (20km)
time: 2hrs 40mins
average pace: 12.5mins/mile
average heart rate per minute: 168

with the crowd, my heart rate goes up by 5. the good thing, moral supports
from by standers and thank-u Mr Odin.....

The Triple Crown Half Marathon
==============================
Jan 21st Carlsbad Half Marathon(they do have marathon)
Apr 22nd La Jolla Half Marathon
Aug 20th America's Finest City/AFC Half Marathon(they do have marathon)

Optional
========
Jun 3rd Rock N roll Marathon(only marathon)


Half Marathon = 13miles/20km
Marathon = 26miles/46km


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home