Monday, October 23, 2006

fabuloso weekend.

i finally found a good weekend to run my errands. f was away
for a retreat and i have been delaying to do some stuff.

i woke up early last saturday and headed to the mechanic to
fix the a/c. i wasn't hoping that it was the side-effect of having
an over-heated engine. anyway, he checked and found some minor
problem. it was just a loose connection, that's all. phew!!

next on my list, my Nikon SLR(analog camera ok) broke sometime ago.
i took it for a repair. he quoted $90 to fix my camera. i asked how
much if i were to trade it in. he said $30. what??? anyway, i want
to fix it. i bought it in 1998 and so far, it works fine until
recently. most of all, it has sentimental value. photos with....ahem.

later, i asked him if he knows any decent place to fix my watch.
he went to his computer and google it. he found a place nearby and
he printed a map for me. cool!! a couple of minutes later, i asked
him if he knows any good place to fix my laptop. he said it's not
worth it to fix. he told me a bunch of stuff which i don't really
understand. well, i told him i have my laptop with me.

i brought it in and he looked at it. he tried and he advised me
to reformat and re-install the OS. he also made a copy of the
OS service pack for me. oh yes, the OS is windows, duh.....

afterwards, i thanked him. talking about service, that was beyond
excellent and i don't even know him. i found out that it was family
business and business is good. i headed off to fix my watch. all it
needed to be done was to replace the battery. i think the battery
was dead a yr ago. i have a cellphone and it tells time. so, why
do we need to wear a watch?? (look.... i have a rolex....)

after fixing my watch, i went over to another store nearby. i asked
how much does it cost to put on a new sole for my shoes. he quoted
me $35. ??? with that $, i could buy another pair of shoes!! sigh!!

ok..ok....i am done with all my errands. next, i wanted to go to
the indonesian mass at the San Diego State University campus. i called
up to get directions and i could not find the newman center. i was
driving for 40 minutes around the campus. i was almost there but not
there. too bad chin....... i headed home later.....

i had a good run on sunday morning at torrey pines state park next
to the pacific. it was a good good run. there were a lot of people
running btw. so....i guess i was inspired. the weather was good and
i was kicking. i ran for 5miles and currently, i am shopping for
a watch. a watch that functions to tell time, heart rate, distance
and it looks like Spock would beam me up. (hint hint)

i went to get her at julian(after her retreat) and that place is 1.5hrs
away from san diego. it's up in the mountains.... and for dinner,
in-n-out burger!! yum yum!! with onion and animal style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home