Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy Chinese New Year.

It was a good dinner on the eve of CNY. We had hot-pot and
2 stoves ready to cook some awesome fishballs, slices of chicken
and beef, vege, etc. 2 stoves and 5 lbs of food? I think it is
reasonable since there were 13 hungry people that needed to be fed,
u know. On top of that, we have 4 iron chef singapore that
obviously define kiasu cooking. It was good. I kind of like the
idea of hot-pot since most of the food are cooked. All u need
to do is to make some good broth and put all the stuff in there.
When it boils, presto....E-A-T!! I can't remember when was the
last time me having a great CNY dinner. I think that was back in
Penang. My mum cooks awesome cantonese CNY dishes and all
the dishes have pretty cool names that associated with health,
wealth, porsperity, longevity, etc. No wonder, the chinese are the
good in business where they try to make every penny from every
business transaction.

Before the dinner, I was at Costco. I bought a X-file series,
called Abduction. Somehow, they reorganized all the 8 seasons
into categories, such as Abduction, Soldier, and 2 others. The
Abduction has 4 DVDs, which has 20 episodes. In 3 hrs, I
watched 4 episodes. It was good......especially when Scully was
finally convinced with the existance of extra-terrestrials. The
movie, X-files: Fight The Future, is actually an episode
somewhere during the Season 1. The cool thing about this set
of DVDs is that they explain the chronological order of the
episodes. That means, a few episodes of Season 2 are actually
part of Season 1. No wonder I am confused!!

The truth is out there.
Deny everything.
Trust No One.

Oh yes, someone called me this morning at 5am wishing
me Happy CNY. All I can say is that it was 8pm his time.
We talked a little on how screwed up things are and he
saw this commercial and how it related to me. What????

4 ladies were having lunch during the 2nd day of CNY at
a kopitiam(coffee-shop). 1st lady said, my son is a
surgeon at London and he makes a good living. The 2nd
lady said, my daughter is a successful attorney at Sydney.
The 3rd lady said, my 2 sons are CEOs for their companies
in San Jose California. 1 minute later, the son of the 4th
lady came to get her and they took off in a Proton Wira.


Gong Xi Fa Chai!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home